272. Olivia loves to leave me part of her breakfast. I find this interesting since I have always (since our first date) left Eric the last of my sandwich or the last bite of my meal. I don't know why, I just always have. And, he happily takes it - ha! But, this particular morning, Olivia's breakfast made me smile ....
I think she intended to leave me part of her chocolate chip muffin, but maybe the temptation just became too much for her. I got the crumbs! :) I do love it that she thinks of me.
273. Sunday dinner with my parents.
274. In-laws that love my girls as much as I do and want to spend time with them.
275. My mother-in-law that had a late birthday party for Olivia.
276. Mom swimming with my girls for hours and playing 'Blue Whale' with them. They've talked about it all week. (I napped on the sofa while they swam :)
277. News from John Patrick. Any news is good but when we can read his humor throughout his letters, that reassures me he's going to be okay.
278. Teaching a Sunday School lesson on thorns and the beauty they bring ...
279. Morning runs with Emma. Encouraging her when it gets hard by reminding her God is blessing us by giving us the ability to even get out there.
280. Good doctor visits.
281. Hearing my girls play and laugh will never get old.
282. Finding Olivia's beloveds snuggled up on the sofa.
She goes everywhere with these three .... her blankey and 2 puppies (Chicker and Spot).
283. Spending hours cleaning out Emma's room (oh, the stuff!) and hearing her say she has too much and is deeply blessed.
284. Spending an afternoon with friends and laughing til our sides hurt. Only God brings such people together.
285. Planning yet another Women's Retreat. Grace.
286. $5 Pizzas for lunch.
287. Afternoon showers that turn our brown brittle grass to green.
288. Date nights with Eric. We're starting to get used to them and realize we should have been more diligent about making time for them before now.
289. The girls receiving their own personal letter from John Patrick. Emma screamed. Olivia got really quiet as if to ponder every word.
290. Listening to Olivia talk to her friend, Sadie, on the phone. They say the funniest, but sweetest things.
291. Slowly learning what kids are in class with Emma next year and realizing she will have good, positive friends to share her days with.
292. Getting a hard-to-read letter from John Patrick, wanting so much for this to be over, then reading the words "I pray a lot and go to church on Sundays and that is helping greatly" and knowing it's all worth it. GRACE!!!!
293. Olivia leaving me pieces of gum in our mail center because she wants to bless me.
294. Random "I love yous" from Eric and the girls.
Linked to: A Holy Experience