Boy, we are so happy in our house to finally make it to today. It's been a crazy, emotional week for us, though there was certainly a lot of good things to focus on as well.
1) I took the girls to the library Monday. Emma is having a harder time choosing books lately. She wants something challenging, yet fun to read. I've learned I just need to do my research before we head to the library. You should see me when she chooses a book. I start searching on my phone for reviews before I let her get it. And, honestly, we've put MANY books back on the shelves because of reviews I've read. I think it frustrates Emma, but I want to be careful. She did check out Christy and is loving it so far.
Olivia checked out five chapter books and has read them all already. She read two Tuesday night and then came to me with the most serious face and asked if she had been reading too much. Like she had just eaten too much candy. That girl. She makes me laugh.
2) Our first full week back in school since the holidays has seemed really long. I knew it would. Confession: I don't get 'homework'. Isn't it just busywork? How necessary is it? Anyway, Em has had her fair share this week.
3) I made my famous (only to us) Cinnamon Bread this week. I added a streusel on top that is perfection. Seriously. So good.
I only mention that because any other time I've tried to add a streusel topping to this bread, it sunk and messed it up. Not this time. Perfection.
4) Emma and I went shopping this week and brought home a few things to cheer us up ...
5) The weather was so nice yesterday. I made the girls go outside to play.
It looks like we're going to have a great weekend. The high tomorrow is suppose to be 74*. Yippee!!
You'll find us outside :)