The rain ..... oh, the rain!!!! We have had pouring rain here all week long. It was brutal ... and dark .... and wet ... and gloomy.
But, this morning ....
We have sunshine!!! I can't remember when I've been so happy to see the sun!
Our week in a nutshell ...
1) With Eric out of town, Olivia loves to snuggle in my bed. I found her like this Tuesday night.
She makes me smile.
2) Emma competed in the school Spelling Bee this week. She lasted until the 6th round and missed squalid.
Boo. She pointed out that she could easily spell all the words after that :) We are proud of you either way, Emma!
3) Eric surprised us and came home a day early from his trip!
When he walked in the door, it was pouring rain and we were watching the weather, waiting on snow. In this picture, the girls (counting on a snow day) were watching a movie and Eric was checking out the forecast. I cannot begin to describe how much peace I had when I knew all my peeps were under one roof. I was giddy last night!
4) Just before bed, it started.
(Emma's handprints :)
5) This will make my northern friends laugh, but in NC, any amount of snow is a good thing ... and enough to cause a school delay.
This is our accumulation ...
Haha. But a two-hour delay means time to play!! The girls wasted no time getting outside.
One of the horses that lives behind our house heard the girls and came running.
But, the great news is ..... the sun is shining here!!!
Have a great weekend!