But, a FOUR night trip? Well, that's borderline ridiculous and by the end we're all wondering if we still want to live together.
I realize there are single moms reading this that think I'm a wimp. Or maybe my friend, Cathy, whose husband is in the military and has to endure so much more than me.
To those people, I will say you have my permission to cuss, scream or throw a tantrum. You deserve it. Shoot, you NEED it.
Yes, Eric has been gone this week and I. am. pooped .... mentally and physically and honestly, I just want a good night's rest.
Our week in a nutshell ....
1) Both girls started soccer this week (I know, I'm crazy) and Olivia said it's sure to be the most fun she has had, ever. Which is the same thing she says about gymnastics every week, but still. She had so much fun.
(Incidentally, she hurt her foot or ankle last night at gymnastics and I'm still not sure whether I should take her to the doctor. She has a knot on the side of her ankle the size of a 50 cent piece, but says it doesn't hurt ??)
2) We've also had Teacher Appreciation Week and the girls wanted to take something special for their teachers every day. We surprised them with Cherry Vanilla Lemon Slushies one morning, Chick-fil-A chicken minis (which should've earned them an automatic A) as well as little chocolates and goodies. It's been fun to watch them get excited about what they're going to take each day.
We do have the BEST teachers, hands down. We're very blessed by the examples they are in our girls' lives. A chicken mini really isn't enough.
But, it's close :)
3) I was able to sub yesterday for one of Emma's teachers. He called me and told me he was feeling really queasy and sick and wanted me to get there as soon as possible. I wanted to say no because hello? The GERMS. But I felt bad and went. Honestly, I had a lot of fun with the kids. I realized something about myself, though. I could never be a teacher full time because I feel so bad for them to have to sit all day and not laugh. It's possible I joke around too much and have to say too often "Shhhhhh. Keep it down. We're going to get in trouble". Also, I had to hear too many times "Ummm, Mrs. Lail, I don't think we're allowed to do that".
What can I say? I'm a sucker for chucking the science curriculum and playing games instead.
Good thing those kids aren't depending on me for everything they'll learn in 5th grade. Which I guess, one more time, I have answered my question about homeschooling.
4) Wednesday night, my big brother, Todd preached at our church. My parents were sitting behind me with my little brother, John Patrick. It was a good day. And a picture that will stay with me for a long time.
5) I attempted Spin Class again this morning and absolutely loved it. Don't get me wrong, it was positively brutal in the middle of it, yet I was still having fun. I went with my friend, Kristin, who was so helpful. The entire class just kept talking and joking around while we were
I know, I don't even know myself anymore.
Have a great weekend! Oh and don't forget to enter the giveaway on this post. I'll pick a winner tomorrow morning!