I think I get into a funk every year at this time. I do. It's winter and it's cold and it's gloomy and I need to see a beach or mountain or something.
For now, I'm just looking forward to the weekend and having everyone together.
1. Olivia has decided she loves washing dishes.
I have decided I love for her to wash dishes. She told me she would wash every dish from now on. Give the Lord some praise :)
2. I had to break down and buy new running shoes yesterday.
My right knee, ankle and foot have given me a fit this week and that usually means I need new shoes. I hate the cost, though. Seriously. I wasn't in the market for black shoes, but my feet have serious issues. I don't have a lot of choices when I narrow it down to all I need to run without pain. Or walk for that matter :)
3. After my expensive trip to the shoe store, the girls and I stepped next door to a consignment shop. I don't think I've mentioned before the cRaZy speed Emma is growing. We cleaned out her closet this weekend and I was sad to see only a few things still hanging that she could actually wear. Well, it's not very cheap to buy a whole new wardrobe!
Anyway, she had fun trying on some things, though we walked out with only one skirt. But it was $3!! Awesome. I never think to shop at consignment shops.
4. Olivia forgot to take her piano book to lessons last week. Her teacher found some music she could practice instead and told her they could get back to her book this week. When I asked Olivia Wednesday if she packed her piano book, she told me she wanted to forget to take it again. When I asked her why, she said she saw "Anchors Away" in Miss Laura's bag and if she forgot her book, she would be able to learn to play it.
Me: "Why is Anchors Away so important to you?"
Olivia: "Because Uncle JP had to learn it in Boot Camp and I want to surprise him when he comes home".
I explained she didn't need to 'forget' her book. She just needed to ask her teacher to teach it to her. So, she did. After only one day, she sounds pretty good.
5. And, by the way, he'll be home in a little over a week! Then, he'll head to Hawaii for three years.
I don't want to talk about it.