1. On our last date, Eric and I found a shop in his hometown I have been wanting to go in for a long time. I heard about it online mainly because I knew it carried Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint. We talked to the owner for a long time and enjoyed looking at all her antiques.
I left with a few goodies including the milk paint in the color Tricycle (RED!). I can't wait to get started on a few projects I have in mind. I've also been dreaming about a few things I saw in her shop and can't wait to go back.
2. I'm still on a chalkboard kick.
I added a fresh coat of paint to a couple of chalkboards I already had while working on a few new things.
She loves carrying little trinkets around and I thought this would be neat to doodle on.
3. The girls and I have had lots of conversations this week on what it means to Represent Him Well.
Of course, we're talking about how we respresent Christ in all we say and do. Can I just say the older my kids get, the more difficult the conversations are? I'm reminded, we as Moms, really don't have the luxury of taking the day off when it comes to shaping their hearts. I told Eric we sometimes operate on auto-pilot and need to consciously remain in the driver's seat. This world is after our kids and we need to put up a fight.
4. Sunday is Eric's birthday. The girls and I have pampered him this week by surprising him with little gifts each day. Little, simple things that make him smile like a cake of sweet cornbread, new coffee syrups or pajama pants.
He loves it!
5. Tonight my entire family is coming here for dinner. It's our last weekend with JP before he leaves on Friday.
Yes, you could pray.
Not about the dinner (although, let's be honest, I could always use prayer when it comes to cooking), but for all the yucky leaving mess.
Have a great weekend!