So, what have we been doing lately?
1. Tuesday was my birthday. I came home from Bible Study Monday night and the house smelled wonderful when I walked in. Eric and the girls made me an Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake that is so, so yummy!
The girls were still up and had the house decorated with signs and notes. I enjoyed finding them hidden everywhere. The funniest, by far, was a sign that Olivia made that said she hoped I was happy, so she could be happy and enjoy playing all the time :) Okay, then.
Oh, and I should add they made the cheesecake with my new Kitchenaid mixer that Eric bought me.
I've actually had it a couple of weeks and made a Key Lime Pound Cake just seconds after I opened the box. It's life-changing y'all!
On my actual birthday, I dropped the girls off at school and then drove myself to Chick-fil-A. One reason was because a friend gave me a gift card and another reason is duh .... where else would I eat breakfast on my birthday? :) While in the drive-thru line, Emma's Latin teacher called me and I heard her entire class singing "Happy Birthday". It made my day.
I spent that afternoon at Emma's Cross Country meet and then the four of us went to dinner on the way home. I had a great day.
Once we were home, someone brought me this flower, as well as chocolates and a gift card.
I couldn't get over her thoughtfulness to find my house and bless me like that. So, so sweet!
2. We are deep into Cross Country season. What that means for us is that every day after school, we rush to the Y so the girls can change and then get to practice. Emma has gotten crazy fast. I run with the team most days and as far as 'crazy fast', well .... those words can't be used to describe me. I used to help coach them along, but since they've all been running since June and they're 11 and 12 years old, they could run circles around me now. Very humbling. Did I mention I turned older than 11 or 12 on Tuesday? I think my job now is to just make sure no one gets run over by a car. Ha!
3. As mentioned above, Bible Study started on Monday night. We're studying Gideon.
I can't get the first day's work off my mind. How one generation's partial obedience affected an entire generation to come. Hmmmm.......
4. My uncle passed away yesterday. He has been sick for awhile, so we were expecting it. When I was telling the girls on the way to school yesterday, Olivia responded by wondering about all the beautiful things he must be seeing at that moment. What a sweet, sweet conversation! God has been so good lately to give me conversations like that with Olivia. She sees God as a wonder right now and it's refreshing to hear.
5. I'm preparing lessons for an upcoming Women's Retreat and the material has me weepy. I'm crying at the drop of a hat! I can't seem to put thoughts down on paper, as all the preparation has given me serious ADD. I'll share more about the subject later, but could really use prayer that God will organize my thoughts so I can make sense to the other women. For now, though, I am loving all He's doing in me through His Word. He is just so very good.
6. We are facing a couple of weeks where Eric will be home. As in, not traveling. Glory, Hallelujah and Amen!
7. One last thing .... I'm so baffled as to why birds don't like me.
I have tried different bird feeders, different feed and I still can't get birds to eat here. What in the world? I see/hear them at the neighbors and get jealous. Any ideas?